From our organizers:
Umbria, called the “Green Heart of Italy” because of its lush landscape, warm people and central location, has it all—ancient ruins, Renaissance art, scenic landscapes, medieval hill-towns all with exceptional wine and food—truffles, olive oils, chocolates, pasta and more.
Sip wines and nibble gourmet delights during this virtual tour of regional highlights with Francine Segan:
• Perugia, a gorgeous virtually car-free jewel of a town, home to Italy’s renowned chocolate maker, Perugina and yearly host to EuroChocolate, Europe’s largest international chocolate festival
• Assisi, World Heritage Site with two medieval castles, Roman amphitheater and several stunning cathedrals
• Spoleto’s world-famous music festival
• Gubbio, a medieval town whose nearby Mont Ingino won the Guinness World Record for world’s largest Christmas tree
• Orvieto’s stunning Cathedral & intricate underground maze
The evening includes wine and truffle tasting with products by Umbria’s renowned Urbani truffle company.