Jimmy’s No. 43, the home to interesting and unusual beers, welcomes brewer Brian Strumke of Stillwater Artisanal Ales for a curated “Magic Potions and Gourmet Larder” prix fixe dinner on Monday, April 8th, at 7 p.m. The “gypsy” brewer—who recently relocated to Brooklyn—will pair his beers with Hudson Valley Duck Farm menu options. The Magic Potions Dinner will feature the following pairings (subject to change):
· Cellar Door (6.6% Saison brewed with White Sage) paired with House-Cured Duck Breast on Toast
· Existent (7.5% Black Saison) served with Beer Cheddar Duck Prosciutto Soup
· Sensory Series v. 1 – Lower Dens (6% Saison brewed with Hibiscus) paired with Duck Confit and Farro Risotto
· Of Love & Regret (7% Saison brewed with Heather, Chamomile, Lavender, & Dandelion) paired with Crispy Duck Skin and Wild Dandelion Salad
· Saison Darkly (8% Dark Saison) paired with Duck-Fat Crust Apple Tart
· Plus an additional collaboration pour: Stillwater/Thiriez – French Connection Blonde (7% Blonde Ale with French Hops and Violets)
More details can be found here.