The gauntlet has been thrown as John Brown Smokehouse returns to defend their title asBrisket King of NYC with many new chefs entering the ring. A special addition to this year’s event will be direct-from-the-farm entries. Confirmed chefs and farms include:
· 2012 Brisket King of NYC John Brown Smokehouse,
· Daniel Delaney of BrisketTown (Delaney Barbecue, Williamsburg),
· Chef Robbie Richter (former pitmaster Hill County BBQ, FattyCue),
· Sam Barbieri of Waterfront Ale House/Fuhgeddaboutit BBQ,
· East Village Meat Market,
· Co-host Jimmy’s No. 43 will team with High Point Farms,
· Hudson Valley Harvest will team with an upstate farmer,
· Adirondack Grazers Grassfed Beef Co-Op will team with a guest chef TBA,
· With additional BBQ chefs and food purveyors TBA.
Co-hosts and judges will include Stephanie “Stevie” Pierson, author of The Brisket Book, Jake Schiffman from Food Network Kitchens, and author/food critic Peter Kaminsky. Modern Distillery Age returns to curate the artisanal spirits (expect to see plenty of vodka-infused “Bullshot” made with brisket juice from the event). Craft beer from regional brewers will also be included, with a wine option for VIP ticket holders (and a cash bar for additional purchases).
Tickets are available for purchase here.