From the organizers:
Let’s celebrate the holiday season the best way we know how… learning how to bake bagels!
In this class, our artisan bakers will share the secret to the perfect hand-rolled & wood Fired Black Seed bagel. Receive hands-on instruction on rolling your own bagel dough, working with wood ovens, as well as tips on curing your own salmon. After we pull the bagels out of the wood-fired oven, enjoy your handiwork with cream cheese.
- Introduction to general bread making
- Learning the ingredients that go into our unique bagels
- What makes a wood oven so special and how to read your oven
- Mixing the dough to get that perfect texture
- How to hand roll a bagel like a pro
- Boiling your bagel (tips for at home boiling)
- Seeding your bagel (What other ingredient you can use beyond the classics)
- Baking the bagels off in a wood oven vs your home oven
- How to cure fish at home (what ingredient to use, what fishes can you use)
What you will walk away with:
Each participant will leave with a goodie bag of hand-crafted bagels and cream cheese flavors!