Composting is easy, fun, and a risk-free science experiment right in your own apartment! You can make an enormous environmental impact composting your food waste. NYC Residents throw away 4,000 pounds of precious, compostable material every day. Join Stacey Murphy at 61 Local, a public house that celebrates hyper-local food, drink, art, and flowers, and explore the wonderful world of micro-organisms. The class will be taught in a gorgeous old carriage-house, home to a community that values urban agriculture and local artisans. BKFarmyards will bring three different small-scale working compost bins for you to poke around and see which is the right method for you. You will leave knowing exactly how to build and maintain a simple compost bin that will suite your NYC lifestyle.
This class is for you if:
* You’ve tried composting on your own, but it didn’t work for you
* You’re looking for another way to reduce your carbon footprint
* You have a vegetable garden and want to make some ‘black gold’
* You cook a lot, generate a lot of food scraps, and you’re sick of taking out stinky garbage.
* You want to teach your kids about the lives of red wrigglers and the wonderful world of compost
* You want to know how composting could save the planet
Reserve your spot here on Skillshare.